If your ideal role is not listed, please submit a general application and let us know what type of role you are interested in. We will contact you when a position becomes available that matches your skills, experience, qualifications, and interests.Submit General Application
About the business and the role
Mackellar Care Services is an award winning not-for-profit organisation, passionate about providing residents of the Gunnedah Shire and surrounding areas with access to leading healthcare services.
We operate 120 aged care places over two residential campuses and seek a Registered Nurse to join our team of compassionate, innovative, and highly motivated people.
About the candidate
Our ideal candidate thrives best when working in a fast-paced environment, demonstrates excellent time management skills, likes to work as part of a team but can work independently.
You will have a friendly but professional communication style with the ability to communicate with all stakeholders. You will go above and beyond to ensure that the residents experience within our facility exceeds their expectations.
To be successful for this role you must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience interacting with a variety of clientele/key stakeholders, including residents, their families, other health professionals, and staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills are desirable.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads according to resident needs.
- Sound IT literacy and excellent communication skills.
- Responsible and diligent attitudes to the role as a Registered Nurse.
- Empathy with the aged person and their families.
Experience and Credentials:
- Current Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia –Registered Nurse Division 1
- Proficiency with Leecare software desirable.
- Current Criminal Record Check.
- Knowledge of WHS principles.
- Understanding of and commitment to the continuous quality improvement process.
- Ensuring the organisation’s commitment to delivering high quality services is maintained.
- Managing the individual clinical needs of patients, and liaising with a variety of health care professionals to promote positive outcomes by early intervention and sound clinical oversight.
- Assess/evaluating resident care needs including those with complex clinical needs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, both resident based and organisational.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- A desire to make a positive difference to the lives of our residents and have a proactive approach to work.
Job benefits and Perks
- Supportive management who actively encourage up-skilling/training.
- Working as part of an innovative, highly motivated team.
- PBI Salary packaging available.
- ACN Silver Affiliate membership. We will support the attainment of additional qualifications to assist clinincal growth.
- Annual salary between $66,000 – $84,000 gross